Tuesday, May 4, 2010

4 Weeks -- 16 Pounds!!!!

Wow, 1 month, in the books, 4 weeks, 30 days, 720 hours, 43,200 minutes. . .. . AND . . . . . . . 16 pounds lighter!!!! Woohoo.

So, you think I'm happy about my progress?!?!?!? I'm estatic -- I don't know of anyone whose gained 16 lbs in one month, so losing that in one month feels INCREDIBLE. Oh, and did I mention that I went shopping on Saturday?? I'm down two pant sizes and can now fit comfortably in 1x or XL shirts :-)

The funny thing is, while a month is in the books, the majority of the journey is still ahead of me. 6 more weeks of phase I, then on to "Phase I On-going". . . . which lasts until I 1) get to my goal weight, 2) lose momentum or 3) miss more than 1 week of class. With the amount of weight I want to lose, if I can keep the rate of 16 lbs per month, I'm looking at a total of 4.5 months, or 3.5 months left, hmmmmm.

This week in class we talked about the momentum factor and what that looks like. It definitely is a great gage and one I look forward to keeping in mind as I go forward on this journey (it looks at the 4 most recent weigh ins and the minimum amount of weight that should be lost. Ex., a woman who is 180 lbs should have a 6 lb weight lost over the most recent 4 weeks of weight in -- PLEASE NOTE: this is just an example, not actually from the momentum chart).

Physical Activity still is a challenge to get in. Last week I JUST fit in 2,000 calories. Gotta work on that this week.

Happy weight loss to everyone!!!

--Mo

No comments: