Sunday, April 25, 2010

New Experiences . . . . Challenges with PA

This week had new challenges & experiences. My challenges were to get in all the physical activity in. I was to do 2,000 calories worth which is approximately 300 calories per day. I didn't quite make it. Between the rain (yes, rain in April in San Diego -- what's up with that?!?!?!), prior committments in the evenings, and the desire to have a massage one night, impeded my ability to get in all my excersize. One of the challenges we were given this week was to try a new excersize for 10 min. I decided to do the stairs at work as mine, as it was raining out. There are 7 flights of stairs in the building I work in. I went up and down them 4 times -- that's 28 flights of stairs!!!! Needless to say my legs were very sore most of the week.

Other new experience & challenges this week had to do with lunch meetings that I had. Thursday the Program Managers went to a local sandwich shop & have a meeting. The pannini sandwiches smelled delicious, but the real challenge was the mac salad. This sandwich shop has one of THE best mac salads that they serve as a side to the sandwiches. However, I was good and had my vanilla shake with diet coke -- yum!!!!

The second challenge & experience was taking my project team out to Dave & Busters for lunch & an afternoon of fun & games. This time I took an entree as well as a shake. While I would have MUCH prefered to eat the food at Dave & Busters, it was good to have the self-controll (with help of my co-workers knowing what I am doing) not to stray off the diet. This is week 3 and I haven't eaten out of the box, not once!!!!

Yesterday we went to a ballgame in Anaheim which presented its own challenges. The biggest one was stopping at my parents house on the way back. We stayed for 'dinner'. My mother was making liver & onions which is one of my absolute favorites but I don't have it very often, 'cause its something I like mainly when she cooks it. Gary told me I could have a little and he wouldn't tell anyone. I however, said, but I would have to tell on myself and didn't feel it worth it. So I ate my mushroom risoto entree (for those that know me, know I HATE mushrooms. I'm learning to like them, but this entree wasn't too tasty).

We also made cookies & muffins this week with the shakes. Not too bad and they give a nice variety to the week.

I've placed my current stats (as of 4/19/10) below.

-- Mo

Weeks on program: 2
Height: 4'10 3/4"
Weight: 187
Total Lost: 11 lbs
Total to go: 57 - 67 lbs.

No comments: